Andrea Nowotny Hass, MD
Warm, Poised & Elegant
Dr. Andrea Hass, or Dr. A as her patients fondly call her, has been a fixture of the Palm Beach Plastic Surgery scene for more than 21 years. First trained as an ophthalmologist, she is fellowship trained in Oculoplastic Surgery, which is cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery.
"I can vividly remember the day I discovered oculoplastic surgery as the focus of my career in medicine I had already decided to pursue ophthalmology as my medical specialty, and I was spending a month at Wills Eye Hospital. My 'ah-ha' moment came when watching my future mentor, Dr. Joseph Flanagan, reconstruct an eyelid. Right then I knew that oculoplastics offered me the perfect combination of a challenging surgical specialty that also appealed to my creative and artistic side. To this day, I feel fortunate to have a satisfying career that I thoroughly enjoy."
Her many patients who have been coming to her for as long as 20 years and have become friends over the years describe her as: "Warm, friendly, poised and elegant". Their loyalty to her for her exact techniques and the beautiful results she provides have allowed them to age gracefully without looking odd or over done.
Eight Things to Know About Dr. Andrea Hass (Dr. A)
1. Dr A studied bioengineering at the University of Pennsylvania because she enjoyed the problem solving approach to learning. Cosmetic eyelid, brow lift surgeries and facial injectables are similarly problem focused.
2. Internship near her sister in Connecticut became her own "Grey's Anatomy" when she met her husband, Dr. Brian Hass.
3. Oculoplastic Surgery (specialized plastic surgery of the eyes) is so unique and competitive, only about 30 doctors are trained each year.
4. Dr A performs about 25 times the number of eyelid surgeries as the typical busy cosmetic plastic surgeon.
5. Dr A is known for being thorough and patient during consults as well as thoughtful and precise in the OR. She keeps up with the latest in cosmetic practices and has always been committed to learning new skills and only bringing the best options to the practice. If she wouldn't have a procedure done to herself, family or staff, she won't offer it to her patients.
6. Both patients and other doctors acknowledge that she is among the best at what she does. In fact, other plastic surgeons send her their challenging eyelid cases to perform. These factors are tops among reasons why she has long been the "go to" person for cosmetic eyelid surgery as well as facial injectables.
7. Dr A is in the top 1% of the busiest injectors for both Botox and facial fillers. This is a result of nearly 20 years as an injector as well as her beautiful results.
8. Through her team effort with Dr Brian Hass for facelifts, her patients get the best of both worlds to meet their cosmetic needs in a warm, natural, consistent and caring fashion. In fact, if someone in the Palm Beach area isn't already her patient, in all likelihood, they have friends who are.